Fabulous Friends

SPONSORSHIPS

i am the SPONSORSHIP COORDINATOR for THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE. if you would like us to sponsor any one (or more) of your challenges, please contact me directly!

If you're looking for fun challenges to join, please check who we are sponsoring in the left hand column below.

July 12, 2014

Whiny

for those that don't know... i have an artificial hip.  i've had it since july 4, 1997.  i was told the life of a hip is between 10 and 15 years.  mine was 17 years old this past july 4th.  on july 5th i woke up with lower back pain and stiff.  stiff enough to ache when i bend.  uh oh.  the back pain is similar - tho a tad more painful - than what i had BEFORE having my hip done.  now this scares me.  anyway, i called my doctor who is on vacation til monday (july 14).  you can bet our bippy i'll be calling her back on monday.  this pain is NOT fun and tho i DO NOT want to have to need surgery, it's better than being in pain and not being able to bend or sit comfortably.  funny how it came on so quickly.  needless to say, with all i want to get done, i am not a happy camper.  but then, i guess this will teach me patience.

i haven't been in my room to play because i really can't sit too long on my draft chair, so for now, i'm digging into my stash....


i love the MOSAIC MADNESS set (stampin up) and had tons of fun playing.  easy peasy too.  just a bunch of different colors and some bling with some twine.  purty!

not doing much of anything until i see the doc.  i am uncomfortable and bored.  puppy hasn't been very playful either because her leg is bothering her.  what a pair huh?  at least the weather has been nice and we've been able to enjoy the back deck and sunshine.

well, i apologize if i'm whining and sure hope your summer is tons of fun!

TODAY'S WORDS OF WISDOM..... (click pictures to enlarge to be able to read it better)



 and now ya know!



7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Stef.
Gr Karin

Linda said...

I hear you....constant pain is no fun. I'm running out of patience with my foot also. Love this card... I never cared for this stamp set yet every time I see creations I want it. Maybe next month? Take care.... I want to play today, but I do need to get some housework done

Gramma said...

Wow! Not so great news with your hip. Sending hugs and prayers that your MD can fix you up lickety split! Maggie says to tell Neenah "woof."
Hugz,
Gramma

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

DH is having his hip replaced on Monday the 14th, when y our Dr. is back. I hope it's something easier. HE is awful!! Cross your fingers he will be right as rain! Hugs to you, and hope you have something fixable.

Jeri said...

So sorry to hear you are having pain. I hope the dr. gets you in quick. I'm barely moving after 3 wks. of riding in the car and sleeping in strange beds while visiting friends and family on our way back south to Florida. Tomorrow is the big day. We will finally arrive home and I will get to sleep in my own bed for the first time in two months. Can you say HAPPY!

misteejay said...

Lovely card Stef.

Sorry to hear you are in pain - I hope you are able to get some respite whilst waiting for your Dr. to get back.

(((Hugs)))
Toni xx

Donna said...

What a lovely card! I really love the simplicity and the rainbow of colors. Of course the bling never hurts on a card. LOL! Sorry to hear that you are in pain. Hopefully you can get in to see the doctor tomorrow and it will be something simple. I'll keep you in my prayers, as always!